DENVER, CO – EY announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2018 Award in the Mountain Desert region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
The finalists are:
- Dr. Jason Myers, President and CEO, ArcherDX, Inc. (Boulder, CO)
- Ron Squarer, CEO, Array BioPharma, Inc. (Boulder, CO)
- Rod Buscher, Founder and CEO, Blinker (Denver, CO)
- Kent Stemper, CEO, BluSky Restoration Contractors, LLC (Centennial, CO)
- Andy Altorfer, CEO and Co-founder, and Blake McKinney, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder, CirrusMD Inc. (Denver, CO)
- Ron Bills, CEO and Chairman, Envirofit International, Inc. (Fort Collins, CO)
- Bret Larsen, Founder and CEO, eVisit, Inc. (Mesa, AZ)
- Rob Holland, Founder and CEO, Flagship Food Group, LLC (Greenwood Village, CO)
- Maureen Hewitt, President and CEO, Innovage (Denver, CO)
- John Rowley, CEO, and Marcia Rowley, COO, International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Sean McNicholas, President and CEO, Service Systems Associates (SSA) (Denver, CO)
- Bo Sharon, Founder and CEO, Lucky’s Market (Niwot, CO)
- Albert DaCosta, President and CEO, Paragon 28, Inc. (Englewood, CO)
- Michael Larrain, CEO, PCA Skin (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Robert Meyer, President and CEO, Phoenix Children’s Hospital (Phoenix, AZ)
- David Barnett, Founder and CEO, PopSockets LLC (Boulder, CO)
- David Birzon, CEO, Snooze an AM Eatery (Denver, CO)
- Dave DuPont, CEO, TeamSnap (Boulder, CO)
- Zach Johnston, Founder and CEO, The Spice Guy Co. (Commerce City, CO)
- Lauren Bailey, CEO and Co-founder, Upward Projects (Phoenix, AZ)
- Ben Wright, CEO, Velocity Global (Denver, CO)
Now in its 32nd year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards.Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 10, 2018. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monaco in June 2019.
Mountain Desert region independent panel of judges
- Rebecca Shanahan, CEO, Avella Pharmacy (2017 Award Recipient)
- Gary Hokkanen, Senior Partner, BrightStar Capital Partners
- Matt Owens, President, Extraction Oil & Gas (2016 Award Recipient)
- Lindsey Laurain, Founder, ezpz (2017 Award Recipient)
- Rick Gibson, Managing Director, HOTventures LLC
- Laura Moreno, Managing Director, New Listings and Capital Markets, Nasdaq
- Walter Knapp, CEO, sovrn (2017 Award Recipient)
- Elia Wallen, CEO & Founder, Traveler’s Haven & Hotel Engine (2017 Award Recipient)
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the US by SAP America, the Kauffman Foundation and Merrill Corporation.
In the Mountain Desert region, sponsors also include Faegre Baker Daniels, Colliers International, Woodruff Sawyer & Co., Project X-ITE and the Denver Business Journal.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year®, founded by EY, is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs, chosen from an independent panel of judges including entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from business, finance and the local community. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global awards program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/sgm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US.
For more information, please visit ey.com.